Losing belly fat: the 5 best exercises to strengthen your abs
1) Crunches, the traditional abs exercise
Crunches are basic abs exercises to lose stomach and build abdominal muscles. For a successful crunch:
1. Lie on your back, keeping your arms at your sides,
2. Position your thighs and shins at a right angle,
3. Place your knees above your hips and make sure your feet are level with the hips.
4. Inhale while looking at your toes.
5. As you exhale, push the top of your shoulder blades towards your knees.
6. Hold this position for at least 10 seconds making sure your abs are tight and breathing deeply.
7. Repeat this exercise 3 times, at a rate of 3 to 10 cycles (inspiration and expiration with slow, deep breaths).
Does your belly tend to swell? You can also try the bicycle crunch. To perform this ab exercise effectively, lie down with your back to the floor with your legs folded over you. Then pedal as if you were riding a bicycle. At the same time, push your torso towards your legs.
2) The sheathing: the essential
The core, more commonly called “the plank”, will help you lose stomach while sculpting your abdominal belt. Absolutely to integrate into your 100% abdominal program.
To make the plank:
1. Lie on the floor, on your stomach,
2. Then take support on your forearms and the tips of your feet to form a straight plank,
3. While exercising, remember to contract your glutes and abs.
Hold this position for 15 to 45 seconds. The core exercise is to be repeated 3 times. To do this well, keep your shoulder blades in the middle of your back and look straight ahead.
You also have the option of choosing several variants of the sheathing. For lateral sheathing, position yourself on your side, resting on one forearm and lift the pelvis until it forms a straight line. To accentuate muscle building with more intense sit-up exercise, perform back and forth movements with your upper leg.
3) The readings, to breathe and focus
Readings are an easy abs exercise to practice. Start with the leg lift. Lying on the floor, position your arms above your head and extend your legs to the floor. Breathe while contracting your abdominals and lift your straight legs. As you bring them back to the ground, make sure you don't put them there. No need to rush: this exercise for abdominals is practiced slowly, for a deep work.
You can also opt for the bust lift. To achieve this, repeat the same movements as for crunches. But this time, lift your bust up very slowly. And as you go up and down, make sure you contract your abs well and breathe slowly.
Finally, try the bust lift with scissors. This abs exercise is similar to the bust lift. However, as you do it, you need to bring one leg back towards you with each torso lift.
4) The elbow / knee touch, the dynamic abs exercise
To lose belly and gain abdominal muscles, you can try the elbow / knee touchdown. To perform this exercise, put yourself in the same position as for a crunch.
Place your hands on your temples and bring your knees towards you. You should perform a movement where you raise your torso, trying to touch your knee with the opposite elbow.
5) The Swiss ball, inspired by Pilates
To draw your abs, you can also opt for stabilization with a swiss ball. To perform this ab exercise and achieve your flat stomach goal, you will need a yoga ball.
Putting your legs on the ball, perform the plank position. Keep your arms straight and try to hold this position for as long as possible.